Step 1- The dough
- Slowly mix the yeast and 1 tablespoon of raw cane sugar with half of the lukewarm water and let it rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the water and 2 tbsp rapeseed oil and mix slowly again.
- In a large bowl, mix 1 tsp salt with 450 g flour, slowly add the yeast mixture and knead until the dough is smooth. You can do this either with your hands or with a hand mixer (dough hook).
If the dough is too wet (sticky) you can add some flour as needed.
- Cover the dough with a clean, damp tea towel and let it rise for about 1 hour.
Step 2- The glaze
- In a pan, mix 80 ml of water, 1 tsp of flour, 1/2 tsp of sugar and 1/2 tsp of rapeseed oil. Turn the stove to medium and heat, stirring, until a sort of "paste" is formed. Then remove the pan
from the heat and set the glaze aside.
Step 3- Shape and bake
- Preheat the oven at 200°C top and bottom heat.
- Spread a little flour on your work surface, put the dough on it and gently knead the dough with your hands.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces, shape into patties and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush with glaze, forming grooves (lengthwise).
- Then sprinkle only with sesame seeds and bake in a preheated oven at 200°C top and bottom heat for 13 - 15 min.
Now you can enjoy your homemade flatbread.
Tip: You can also cut the bread into pieces and freeze it. To defrost, simply put it in the toaster and toast it on a low setting.